Stewed beans Belizean style
Prepare Belizean stewed beans
Beans are a typical side dish all over Central and South America. A side of beans accompanies almost any meal from breakfast to dinner. As you traveled across the countries, you might have noticed that the preparation is specific to the countries. This stewed beans recipe is typical to Belize!
Belizean style beans are super easy to prepare and very nutritious! Just pair your stewed beans with tasty coconut rice, and you’ll have a full serving of protein.
This recipe consists of dried kidney beans. If you want to shorten cooking time merely soak them in water overnight!
Before you go ahead, place the beans in a water bowl. The ones swimming on top are old. You should discard them.
- 2 cups of white flour
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
Belizean style stewed beans
- Mix salt with flour and add one tablespoon of oil
- Start mixing with your hands while adding enough water to form an elastic dough without lumps
- Form 4 equal parts
- Roll one of the four portions into a circle and spread 0.5 teaspoons of oil. Roll it up, spread it and roll it again into a snail house
- Do the same for the other three portions
- Let them rest for at least 30 minutes
- Roll the balls out into circles of 13-16 cm
- Melt some oil or butter in a pan before cooking the Chapati
- Watch them bubble up as they cook rapidly
- Enjoy your hot Chapati!
More Belizean recipes
Packing List JamaicaQuis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit, qui in ea voluptate velit esse, quam nihil molestiae. Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit, qui in ea voluptate velit esse, quam nihil molestiae. Carry on [dsm_flipbox _builder_version="4.18.0"...
Overtourism has long become a buzzword. Cities, Islands, and entire countries are creaking under the weight of too many visitors. Locals’ lives change drastically as prices rise and an increasing amount of living space is allocated to accommodate tourists. Especially Airbnb has been the cause of uproar and anger for many locals suffering from over-tourism.
Duration: at least one week Budget: $ 75 per day Stay: Belleh23 or RaggamuffinBefore coming to Kingston, I didn't expect any great beaches. During my first visit, I didn't even attempt to hang out by the beaches as the city offered way too many things to do, and I...